Yes, we can repair it
Some repairs we can do
- Finger size changed - we can resize your rings
- Chain snapped - we can repair broken chains and bracelets
- Clasp snapped - We can replace all types
- Ring worn for many years - we can rebuild it
- Lost a stone - We can replace it, and repair the setting
- Patterned ring losing its pattern - We can re-engrave
- Mount loose stones (or coins)
- Watch stopped? We can change the battery, or get it overhauled if necessary
Who does our repairs?
We have equipment to size rings, solder gold and silver, and polish jewellery to a high standard. Simple repairs can be done on our premises, however our staff are very busy so often we send work to outside contractors. Because our staff know how to do repairs we can ensure outside contractors are working to the highest standard.
These are carefully selected, their prices are fair and they
are excellent craftsmen. Mostly they work in major jewellery
centres, so they have much better access to other suppliers than
we have. For instance if we want to buy a diamond to repair a
ring it has to be done through the post; they can walk to a
Also they can easily subcontract some of the work, if others have the necessary skills. Our network of contractors ensures you get the best possible results at the most economical price.
It May Cost Less Than You Expect!
We hear reports that some multiple stores are charging high prices
for repairs. These stores are often more interested in
selling new jewellery, and are less efficient than independents when handling repairs.
We believe that repairs are part of our overall service, so we keep our prices at reasonable levels. This does not mean that our workmanship is inferior; rather this is a field where we can compete effectively with large stores. We love jewellery and want you to continue wearing the jewellery you love. Do contact an independent jeweller before deciding you cannot justify the cost of getting your jewellery repaired.